If you’re learning to play guitar, you’ll definitely want to add Ed Sheeran’s hit song “Perfect” to your repertoire. We’ve compiled some resources to help you learn the song and improve your playing skills.
Easy Guitar Tab
This guitar tab from Guitar Instructor breaks down “Perfect” into easy-to-follow chords and fingerings. It also includes the lyrics so you can sing along while you play.
- Take your time to practice each chord until it sounds clear and crisp.
- Use a metronome to keep the beat steady as you play.
- Try playing along with the recording of the song to get a better sense of the rhythm and timing.
If you prefer video lessons, check out this tutorial from guitarlessons1351 on YouTube. The instructor breaks down each section of the song and provides helpful tips along the way.
- Practice each section of the song slowly and gradually increase the tempo as you get more comfortable with the chords.
- Record yourself playing the song and listen back to identify areas where you can improve.
- Try experimenting with different strumming patterns and rhythmic variations to make the song your own.
One Direction Version
If you’re a fan of One Direction, you might prefer their rendition of “Perfect.” This easy guitar tab from Guitar Instructor breaks down the song into simple chords and includes the lyrics.
- Pay attention to the chord changes and make sure to switch smoothly between them.
- Use your ear to match the timing of the strumming to the recording of the song.
- Experiment with different finger positions to find the one that is most comfortable for you to play the song.
Alanis Morissette Version
If you’re a fan of 90s rock, you might prefer Alanis Morissette’s cover of “Perfect.” This guitar chords/lyrics sheet from Guitar Instructor provides the chords and lyrics to help you play along.
- Experiment with different strumming patterns and fingerpicking techniques to find the one that best suits the feel of the song.
- Practice singing along while you play to improve your vocal skills as well.
- Try playing the song at different tempos to see how it affects the overall mood.
Learning to play “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran (or any song, for that matter) takes time and practice, but with the right resources and a positive attitude, you can definitely improve your guitar skills. Just keep practicing and have fun!